Technology to create "stainless-like gloss feeling" by using of aluminum alloy
Where stainless steel is applied for designing purpose, we suggest bright anodizing finish (film thickness: 20µm or more) should be applied.
Stainless steel-like gloss can be obtained by electropolishing on aluminum alloy. It can look like mirror by smoothing its surface and can also improve its design. Using along with aluminum bright alloy, it can obtain the same brightness as stainless steel by 1/3 of total weight. Also it can be applied to any intricate shapes where stainless steel cannot produce.
Typical examples of construction
- Nipponbashi Mitsui Tower (Tokyo)
Specification of surface treatment Material 2005 Electropolishing + 2 step coloring
(Stainless steel-like finish)
Bright finish alloy
- Shanghai World Financial Center (Z-4) (China)
Specification of surface treatment Material 2008 Electropolishing + silver 6063 alloy
What is bright finish process ?
Extruded Aluminum alloy
Comparison with the bright finish process of stainless steel
Bright finish of stainless steel
Bright finish of aluminum alloy
Specification of surface treatment
|Specification of surface treatment||NACL special electropolishing + anodizing + 2 step coloring process + sealing (film thickness : 20µm or more)|
|Outline of Process|
- (1) Film quality obtained by anodizing process can be controlled according to environment and purpose of usage.
- Applicable anodizing process
- ① Sulphuric acid anodizing process
- ② Colorable hard anodizing process
- ③ Self-coloring process
- (2) Massive feeling of stainless steel can be obtained by 2 step coloring.